1. What are steel structures?
Structural steel frames are the ‘skeleton’ frame of a structure or a built asset, typically consisting of vertical columns and horizontal beams which are connected together in a grid.
Steel Beams are horizontal placed structural elements that carries loads applied laterally to their axis whereas steel columns are vertical aligned structural elements that transfer compressive loads.
Compared to other means of frames, steel frame structures offer numerous advantages, including their resilience to earthquakes, severe climatic conditions and design flexibility. Moreover, they have higher strength to weight ratio and strength to volume ratio, without compromising the durability.
2. What are their advantages?
Steel structure is an ideal option for a diversity of projects for various reasons, including durability, affordability, sustainability and versatility.
- Structural Steel Frames are quick and easy to install and decommission, and offer fire resistance when properly treated.
- Due to their offsite fabrication, they are much more cost effective compared to the timber or concrete frame structures.
- Steel is often used in major projects to speed up development, reduce onsite risks, and minimise waste.
- Steel profiles are available in a variety of dimensions, grades and can be bespoke fabricated. Flexible fabrication allows versatile structure design for the designers.
- Steel has outstanding durability advantages. Steel is able to bear more structural weight and last longer than the timber. Structural steel elements are lighter and stronger than weight-bearing timber or concrete elements.
- Steel is durable and it requires less maintenance, hence reducing the costs throughout the structure’s lifetime.
- Steel is a completely recycled material, every steel frame structure can be recycled, making it an eco-friendly material.
- Due to its offsite construction, steel offers advanced material quality traceability compared to the other means of frames.
3. What is Novelty Steel offering?
Novelty Steel is an experienced fabricator of steel structures for many industries including construction, mining, energy, machinery.
With vast CNC Machinery Park and experienced engineering team, Novelty Steel produces bespoke steel frames according to the EN 1090-2 European Norms.
Some examples of the fabrications are: